CT Global Freight Audit Limited (UK) recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Jeff Field, Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
Paper, waste & recycling
- We minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We reuse and recycle all paper where possible
Energy conservation and water
- We seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.
- Heating is adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
Scope 1 & 2 greenhouse emissions
- We will measure scope 1 (direct) and 2 (indirect) gas emissions
- An inventory will be maintained of scope 1 and 2 gas emissions
- We evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement
- We comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We increase employee awareness through training.
- In the event a fine is incurred, we will publish the occurrence.
- We review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
- We continuously promote good ethics including with business integrity, in the disclosure of information, intellectual property, fair business and privacy.
- We share and maintain best practice, latest information and developments in the delivery of our social and environmental responsibilities.
- We always ensure adherence to RBA standards and code of conduct in the running of the business and organization.
Last Reviewed : 1/11/2019
Next Review : 1/3/2020