A freight audit in Europe would once have been a slightly unusual sight – mostly carried out by American companies in the Americas and Asia – but thanks to a changing international landscape, European companies are increasingly seeing the benefits of bringing this vital process home.
The ongoing economic impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, uncertainty in international markets, and barriers to trade have all played their part, and as a result, freight auditing is on the rise in Europe. Looking at all they have to offer, it’s not hard to see why – you might be more likely to wonder why it took so long!
Freight audits provide business owners with a clear overview and understanding of their logistical processes, which can be incredibly valuable within large-scale complex operations, where there’s a lot of room for inefficiency and profit loss. At the scales that modern logistics operations often require, it’s incredibly easy for money, time and product to fall through the cracks, and all of that costs the business owner, so an audit can be an enormous boost to company productivity and can be an investment that pays off for years after the audit is completed.
In this blog post, we will discuss what freight audits are, why they are becoming more and more popular throughout Europe, and any information you’ll need to know to make sure your freight and logistics pass muster on the continent!
What is a freight audit?
Freight auditing is the process of verifying that all freight charges submitted by suppliers or carriers are correct, and conform to both contracted rates and government regulations. Freight audits can be done internally, but usually require an outside third party who specialises in this kind of work – like CT Global Freight (CTGF). Freight audits may be carried out on any mode of transport, and all types of freight. Freight audits can also be used to find areas that could benefit from improvement – CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits offer a data-driven approach that will allow you to identify those areas clearly and make the required adjustments in line with your company’s goals.
The reasons to get a freight audit:
There are several reasons why you might want to get a freight audit. Here are some of the most common ones:
– To ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual obligations
– To identify and correct billing discrepancies
– To improve process efficiency, including areas such as routing and shipping
– To identify and resolve freight payment issues
– To improve customer service through better communication of shipment status
Each business is different, so it’s important to tailor the audit process to your specific needs. CT Global Freight offers a range of Freight Audit solutions that can be adapted to meet your requirements. We have the expertise and experience to help you get the most out of your freight audit, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or want more information.
Why freight audits are on the rise in Europe:
There are a number of reasons why freight audits are on the rise in Europe. Here are some of the most prominent ones:
– Freight auditing is seen as an essential part of good logistics management, and more European companies are realising the benefits that this process can bring to their business. Freight audits allow companies greater control of their freight spending and improve efficiency across the entire logistics process, from procurement to payment.
– Freight auditing helps companies comply with government regulations. CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits are 100% compliant with all European Union regulations, so you won’t have to worry about running afoul of the law no matter where it is in the EU that you’re shipping from or to. Freight audits also allow companies to ensure that they are complying with their contractual obligations, which is essential for maintaining good relationships with suppliers and carriers. CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits can be tailored to comply with your specific requirements, whatever they may be.
– Freight auditing helps businesses identify and resolve issues. Freight audits allow companies to identify any discrepancies in the billing process, which can help them save money on their freight spend. CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits are designed with your company’s specific needs in mind, so you’ll be able to use our reports as a basis for identifying areas where improvements can be made. Freight audits also help companies identify and resolve freight payment issues, which can save a lot of time in the long run. CT Global Freight can provide you with all the information you need to make sure your freight payments are correct and timely.
– Freight auditing improves customer service through better communication of shipment status: Freight audits allow companies to keep their customers up-to-date on the status of their shipments, which can help improve customer satisfaction. CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits offer a variety of reports which can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
If you’re looking for an effective way to improve your company’s logistics processes, CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits are the perfect solution. We have the expertise and experience to ensure that your Freight Audit is a success, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or want more information.
Choosing a company to perform your freight audits in Europe:
When it comes to choosing a company to perform your Freight Audits in Europe, there are a number of factors you need to take into account. Here are some of the most important ones:
– Experience and Expertise: Make sure the Freight Audit company you choose has experience and expertise in the European market. In 2019, CT Global Freight saved global clients an estimated €40.8 million, so we know what it takes to make your Freight Audit a success.
– Technology: Make sure the Freight Audit company you choose employs innovative technologies that can be adapted to meet your specific needs. CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits are powered by the latest technologies, so you can be sure that you’re getting the most up-to-date information possible.
– International Pedigree: We can process audits in 52 different languages and 76 different currencies. We’re operational in 146 countries, and all of our employees are multi-lingual logistics analysts. Wherever you are, and wherever your freight is going, we can help you!
– Compliance: Make sure the Freight Audit company you choose is 100% compliant with all European Union regulations. CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits are fully compliant with all EU regulations, so you can rest assured that your Freight Audit will be a success and you’ll be left completely in line with EU law and able to operate seamlessly across the EU.
– Customer Service: Make sure the Freight Audit company you choose offers great customer service. From our base in Birmingham, CT Global Freight deploys a team of multi-lingual experts who can answer any questions you might have and provide any advice you need.
CT Global Freight is a Freight Audit company that has been serving the Freight Audit industry for years. We have worked with a wide range of companies across various industries, helping them reduce their freight spend and improve their Freight Audits. In 2019 alone, we saved our customers an estimated 40.8 million Euros!
The Freight Audit Process in Europe:
Freight audits are an important part of any company’s logistics operations, and the process can vary depending on the region you’re doing business in. Here is a general overview of the Freight Audit process in Europe:
– The freight audit company (in this case CTGF) collects data from your suppliers and carriers. This data includes information on shipments, invoices, payments and other relevant information.
– The freight audit company reviews this data and compares it to your purchase orders, contracts and other relevant documentation.
– The freight audit company produces a detailed report which outlines any discrepancies between the data and your documented agreements.
– You work with the Freight Audit company to resolve any discrepancies and make sure that all payments are made correctly and on time.
CT Global Freight’s Freight Audits offer a variety of reports which can be tailored to meet your specific needs. We also have the expertise and experience to help you resolve any discrepancies that may arise during the Freight Audit process, meaning you can troubleshoot problems and eliminate inefficiencies as they’re revealed to you, leaving you with a more streamlined, more effective freight capability.
Are the rules different for freight audits in different European countries?
There aren’t – thanks to the European Union’s shared trade agreements and laws, Freight Audits in Europe are conducted under the same set of rules and regulations regardless of which country you’re doing business in. This makes it easy for companies to conduct Freight Audits across multiple countries, as all the relevant data will be processed using a single set of standards.
However, there is one snag with operating across Europe – particularly the EU – post-Brexit. The United Kingdom no longer belongs to that united regulatory body, and as logistics and transport from the island nation have never been particularly easy, this makes it more challenging still. Thankfully, CT Global Freight is based at the heart of the UK, in Birmingham, England, so we’re expertly familiar with all the requisite processes to ship goods into and out of the UK, to the EU, and anywhere else in the world.
With the advent of Brexit, the coronavirus pandemic and other uncertain market conditions across the world, it’s not hard to see why European companies are opting to run their freight audits closer to home instead of relying on cross-Atlantic services. The wider European economy is becoming more competitive every day, and part of that lies in the increase in European auditing, tightening up supply chains and invoicing/payment speeds across the continent.
The effect is a pronounced one – so make sure your business benefits from that rising tide by bringing world-leading freight auditors on board!
Why choose CT Global Freight for your freight audits in Europe?
CT Global Freight is globally recognised as the leading freight invoice verification and freight invoice payment company, operating out of its headquarters in Birmingham, in the UK. Our results speak for themselves – in 2019 alone our client savings across the globe were estimated at €40.8 million! International travel and logistics are our speciality, and in such a particularly complex field, it’s easy to fall prey to inefficiencies or losses and perhaps not even realise it – that’s why we use specially-developed proprietary tools and software to find and record every instance of inefficiency and delay in payments or invoicing, giving you all the data you need to completely streamline your services.
Read through our site to discover more about our freight audit services and business intelligence tools, or cut out the middleman and contact us directly to see how we can support your company.
If you’re looking for an effective way to improve your Freight Audit process, CT Global Freight is the perfect solution. We have over 20 years of experience in the freight auditing industry and employ the latest technologies to make sure you get the most up-to-date information possible. Our Freight Audits are fully compliant with all EU regulations, so you can rest assured that your Freight Audit will be a success. Contact us today to learn more about our Freight Auditing services.